If you’ve been following Pandia for a while, you know we are great believers in organic SEO: If you want plenty of visitors, make your web site really useful for the kind of readers you want to attract, don’t fret about your page rank and definitely don’t waste much time tweaking your tags to please the search engines.
Learning organic SEO is not that hard. There are just a handful of things to remember. Here is the short and easy version for all you busy bloggers and web site owners out there: Watch a short video, click through a slide show and memorise the five essentials for good organic SEO.
Keep it interesting
Here at Pandia, we have been praising organic SEO for a long time, but you don’t have to take our word for it; Wonder-blogger Leo Babauta writes the blog Zen Habits, which has reached enormous popularity in a short time. He was recently interviewed on Blogopolis. Here’s the first part of the interview:
If you liked that, you might want to take a look at the two other parts of the interview, which feature some nice nuggets of wisdom for bloggers.
6 easy strategies
So how do you write that catchy content that attracts users and makes them come back for more? I recently spoke on that subject at the Online Information Conference. In 10 slides you can read about 6 easy strategies for writing catchy content and building a site that attracts repeat visitors.
5 things to remember
- Stay focused: Be true to the central points of the topic of your site.
- Offer real value: Tips, links and insights from your field of expertise.
- Share the love: Be a guest blogger to get recognition as an expert.
- Be first: Whenever possible, cover important news when it’s fresh.
- Quality time: Every once in a while, burn that midnight oil to do deep research and produce content that will have lasting value.
Hungry for more? Take a look at our SEO tutorial.